The Gas Tank Renew Process
|The Gas Tank RENU process can be applied to car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, boat, marine, RV, heavy equipment and classic. We can repair almost any metal or aluminum tank no matter how rusted or rotten.
This is how we rebuild a Gas Tank with the patented process of Gas Tank RENU. It is a long and time consuming process, but nothing comes close to the quality and durability once the tank is completed. We control every aspect of the coating process, unlike the slosh coat kits that you pour a cleaner into the tank to prep and then you pray that it will clean all the rust and debris out of the tank (it never does); then you pour in the coating and put the tank out in the sun to dry then you pray that it will dry and stick to the tank so it will not lift off and plug up your fuel system (it always does). About 50% of the tanks we rebuild have already been coated before.
1. After the gas tank is de-fumed (cleaned) we drill holes in strategic locations to prepare for sandblasting.
2. Showing dent in bottom of tank
3. Sandblasting the tank in a walk-in blast room
4. 100% of all dirt and rust have been removed after sandblasting and holes cut on top of tank for access to remove dents
5. Dent has been removed
6. Heli-arc welding the tank
7. All the holes in the tank have been completely welded closed including the rotten areas, if any.
8. The inside coating is pumped into the tank and then the outside coating is applied
9. Tank has been baked in a convection oven
10. Finished tank that has had dents removed and the metal has been totally encapsulated in coating and it comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
11. We also rebuild sending units
12. This is a gas tank being modified. We are installing a sump that is used for racing. We can also modify fuel tanks for fuel injection vehicles by installing the fuel pump in the tank.
13. Sump has been installed
14. Completed tank
15. Small sample of our large inventory where we stock hundreds of new Gas Tanks, Sending Units, Straps and Gas Tank related parts from many manufacturers. We stock and manufacture hard-to-find gas tank parts, including late model, classic vehicles, trucks and motorhomes.
16. We also restore motorcycle gas tanks and RENU the inside only so the outside of the tank can be painted. The RENU process will ruin the paint on the tank. We will sandblast the outside of the tank to prep it for paint.
17. Repair 18-wheeler over-the-road trucks aluminum tanks and hydraulic tanks
18. We also sell and install extra capacity fuel tanks for trucks and RV’s